Join us for our next InstawalkSF this Saturday. We’ll start with a half hour “tips and tricks” talk on the SynthCam app for iPhone, then we’ll walk to the Ferry Building for conversations, lunch, and cool stuff to photograph.
We’ll meet in front of the downtown San Francisco Apple Store, then bring everyone up to the Sincerely offices (800 Market St) for the SynthCam talk, then go out for our walk at around 11:45. As usual, we encourage folks to shoot with their mobile phones and post them during the walk with the #instawalkSF tag.
Last weekend a few of us travelled out to Photo Hack Day in New York. We met lots of great developers and hung around to answer questions about our new Sincerely Ship Library. Big thanks to NASDAQ and all the sponsors for supporting such a cool event. Check out all the cool projects that were made during the event.
Also wanted congratulate Cameron Spickert for his use of the Ship Library in his Birthday Cards iOS app. He won an iPad2 and a Joby iPad stand. Can’t wait to see his app in iTunes.
This weekend is the Photo Hack Day event in New York City. Photo Hack Day is the largest photo hackathon ever organized and we’ll be there to see what sort of cool things people create with our new Sincerely Ship Library. We’ll be hanging out at the event throughout the weekend, and we’ll be awarding the an iPad 2 and an Ori iPad stand to the developer who we think has the best integration of our library in their app.
We couldn’t come to NYC without meeting folks and taking lots of pictures, right? So on Sunday morning we’ll also be organizing our first InstwalkNYC in Union Square Park. We’ll meet up in front of the Starbucks (10 Union Square East) at 10am, then walking around the park and possibly to the Highline. Photographers are encouraged to try shooting with their mobile phones and uploading the pictures to Instagram and/or Twitter with the #instawalkNYC hashtag. For more details, follow @postagram.
About Sincerely Ship Library
The Ship Library lets any iOS developer give their users the ability to send REAL photo postcards from their app.
Developers: sign-up for access at http://dev.sincerely.com
The library will go live in our first partner apps beginning in September 2011.
What’s in it for developers?
- Add print & ship functionality to your app in under 1 hour
- Monetize your app; earn 70% of purchase price above 99c
- Leverage Sincerely Inc.’s global printer and customer network
- Engage your users & spread your brand; each printed postcard has developer branding area
How it works
The Ship Library lets an iOS developer offer print & ship functionality from their photo app.
Developers need only pass the Ship Library a photo. Then the library opens and let’s the user send a photo postcard
The user can write a message on the back of the postcard. This step is controllable by the developer, and can be turned off if you want to focus simply on photo printing.
Next the user creates or logs into a Sincerely account (users of Postagram, PopBooth and other Sincerely partner apps have accounts)
After logging in, a user chooses the recipient(s) and uses existing billing credentials (or adds a new credit card).
A beautiful 4×6 inch 300 dpi color postcard is printed within one business day. Postcards are received within 3-5 days in the USA & United Kingdom. Other destinations take 2-3 weeks.
How we work with developers
- All developers need to submit an application http://www.sincerely.com/developer
- After an application is approved we provide the library, supporting materials and access to our developer portal
- An optional 250px by 750px partner logo/message is uploaded for the reverse side of the postcard
- The minimum price per card is 99c and includes printing, delivery anywhere in the world, payment processing, customer support, and applicable taxes.
- Developers can choose to set the price of their postcard at any price $0.99 or above. Sincerely pays developers 70% of all revenue per postcard after the first $0.99. Example: developer charges $1.99 and makes $0.70
We’re really excited about launching this service and looking forward to working with many talented iOS developers. We believe the Sincerely Ship Library is a powerful way to share our vision: to make it easy to send a real photo, the world’s most ubiquitous gift, from mobile phones.