Father’s day is coming up, and looking at my track record, I could use some help:
- Ties. Always a good choice for my dad when he worked in the corporate world. My sister and I never had a say in this gift.
- Chocolate ties. Then, one year, my mom asked us what kind of tie to get my dad, and we answered, “Chocolate!” Brilliant.
- Socks and sweater vests. No comment.
- Homemade coupons. This happened on multiple occasions, usually when we had forgotten about Father’s day and needed a back up plan. So there were coupons for “one free dishwashing with no complaints,” a “free carwash and car wax”, and of course the “TV monopoly: 2 hours of remote control power.”
- Cargo Shorts and Flip Flops. When my sister and I entered our teens, we were embarrassed even at the mention of our parents, let alone how they dressed. So each year, we would buy my dad a “hip” clothing option, and in a couple years, we had him dressing like a high schooler.
I’m determined to make this year amazing. I’m thinking something with Settlers of Catan (my dad’s favorite game) and Postagrams. Maybe spice up the game a little bit. I will for sure send him one of the punny Sincerely Ink Father’s Day cards!
What’s the best or worst Father’s day present you’ve given or received?