It’s summer time and the weather calls for barbeques, potlucks and sunset cocktail hours. Planning a party? We just released a new batch of summer themed invitations, get ‘em while they’re (and the weather is) hot. To complete your shindig, below is a recipe for the quintessential summer cocktail, cheers! Have a great weekend!
- 2 oranges, cut into half-moons
- 2 lemons, cut into half-moons
- 1 Persian cucumber (see Notes) or one 3-in.-long piece English cucumber, washed and sliced
- 2 cups Pimm’s No. 1 (see Notes)
- 4 cups Sprite or other lemon-lime soda $
- 6 to 8 large sprigs mint, crushed gently, plus a few loose leaves
- Fill 2 pitchers 1/4 full with ice. To each, add a layer of orange slices, a few lemon slices, and a layer of cucumber slices. Repeat the layering. Pour in the Pimm’s and Sprite, dividing between pitchers, and mix with a long-handled spoon. Poke mint sprigs and leaves down into drink. Divide drink among 8 tall glasses, with a few slices of fruit and cucumber in each glass, along with some mint leaves.
- Notes: Persian cucumbers are small, thin-skinned, virtually seedless, and very tasty. They’re sold at well-stocked grocery
Recipe Credit: Valerie Aikman-Smith, Sunset